This 4-day program is a prerequisite for membership in our Core Program in Maywood only, but may be attended by those participating in our West Orange program and our Aphasia Communication Groups throughout the state. The program meets 4 consecutive mornings from 9:30 am – 1:00 pm for people with aphasia and their spouses, family members, and/or caregivers. This program may also be attended as an educational program only for those not interested in joining the Center. During the program, you will:
- Meet others with aphasia in a small group setting
- Learn more about aphasia and its characteristics
- Learn about community resources in the area
- Learn and practice communication strategies
- Receive support for families and caregivers
- Receive an introductory technology/computer session
The Aphasia Education Program is offered 3 times a year. The cost is $150. This includes the person with aphasia and any family, caregiver or friends who would like to attend.
For more information contact Karen Castka at 201-368-8585 or email email@example.com.
Please note, Adler Aphasia Center in West Orange accepts new members on an ongoing basis, but a tour is still required prior to enrollment. Contact Sharon Glaser, M.S, CCC-SLP at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 973.530.3981 to set up a tour of our West Orange program, located at the JCC MetroWest.