- volunteers assist our members with aphasia as they make unique hand-crafted gift items in our member-run store.
Jewelry and other gift Items are sold and proceeds from sales are used to fund scholarship for people with aphasia to attend our programs and receive services to imporve their communication skills.
Volunteers are first scheduled to assist members as they make the gifts. After working with members, opportunities may become available to assist our members at evening and/or weekend events where
the gifts items are sold.
Special Interest Groups
- We need volunteers to assist or lead special interest groups such as art, cards & games, or yoga and other forms of exercise.
We are interested in hearing other ideas that volunteers have to offer. This volunteer role is based on the interest of our members.
- Volunteers share talents at one of our many special occasions. Our members enjoy a wide array of activities (choral groups, dancers, actors, visual artists, musicians, magicians, etc.) Contact the volunteer coach to find out about our next event.
- Do you enjoy making spaces look nice or have a flare for decorating? We need volunteers to help us decorate during special occasions each year (Caregiver recognition, Volunteer recognition, Halloween party, Holiday party, St. Patrick's Day, luncheons, and other special occasions)
Special Interest Speaker
- Do you have a special skill or hobby that our members may enjoy? Maybe you don't have the time to commit to a full semester. Speak to our volunteer coach about hosting a one time demonstration and/or discussion with members. This volunteer role is based on the interest of our members.